There are a few handmade communities I really enjoy being a part of. Oh My Handmade Goodness is certainly one of them. Each Thursday between 1-2pm EST creative genius come together and talk about juicy crafty biz topics. (No invitation needed- just follow #omhg on Twitter) I'll be joining the chat today as a guest while we discuss collaborations and the possibility of starting up a #OMHG Etsy Team!
|TrashN2Tees Collaboration with RedandMain|
- more exposure and cross promotion: whether your collaborating with someone who has the same target market or not- by working together and cross promoting your getting your product and brand out there to new faces (and potential customers)
- building relationships: I've been fortunate enough to build some strong personal friendships as a result of some of different collective efforts, these are people whom I go to for support and suggestions.
- challenge yourself: exchanging ideas, concepts, designs with someone else can help get you out of "design block" inspire your current project but I also think that you can learn a lot about your self and continue to grow as an artist.
- networking: this kind of goes hand and hand with exposure and relationships- but you'll find that other people who admire your work may approach you about collaborating on a future project
- learn something: I'm a lover of all things handmade, and I am extremely curious and interested in the processes of others designs- collabs are a great way for you to learn the ins and outs of other arts.
|trashn2tees/heartland dreams collab|