Woven Wall Hanging Tutorial


Last month I shared two ways to create t-shirt yarn, the continuous cut from 1 shirt and the second way shows you how to take all the scrappy bits and piece them together without bulky knots. Woven wall hangings seem to be trending every where and I was inspired by this post on the Etsy blog to create my very own using t-shirt scraps.

Psst! You can also check out the braided vase tutorial here
 You'll need:
Scissors
Cardboard Square (the size you use will determine the size of your finished product)
Ruler
Pen/Chalk
Safety Pin
Popsicle Stick
Twine
T-shirt Yarn
Beads, Leather, Other crafty stuff optional  

Get started by creating a loom with the cardboard and twine. I wrapped about 3 yards of continuous scrappy yarn onto the popsicle stick so that I could easily weave the yarn between the twine.

 I opted to use a bulky (wider cut) maroon t-shirt yarn for the fringe (aka is Rya) You'll need to cut them into 4'' lengths and create a U shape. When I was all finished I came back and trimmed back the length then added gold fabric paint to the ends.
If you're looking for more creative ways to reuse and repurpose your old tees, be sure to follow @TrashN2Tees on Instagram and Pinterest.


Comments

Popular Posts