DIY Star Wars Birthday Projects Update




As promised, more crafty updates from our galactic journey towards Tristens May the Fourth Be With You Party! Today is his actual 4th birthday, and it also happens to be the very first day George Washington took office as our first President. Did you know that?

I love surprising the boys with a special birthday wake up whether its filling their bedroom with balloons or hanging streamers in the door ways and when they get downstairs we enjoy ice cream and waffles for breakfast- extra whip cream and sprinkles. What type of birthday traditions do you have in your home? I can't wait to hear! This morning however, I went with the theme and we had Jabba The Hot Cakes with Blue Milk.

Last night I was up baking, way past my bedtime too! The boys and I started out with sugar cookie cut outs in the shape of Yoda, Darth Vader, and Storm Troopers. The cookie cutters are from Williams and Sonoma Star Wars Heroes & Villains, and they we're fantastically easy to use.
 

It got later and the boys were tuckered out by the time we finished up so I was left solo for the cupcake making. No complaints here- so naturally I took advantage and we ended up with these crazy rainbow cupcake insides.


If you're wondering how I did it?
Mix up your cake mix as directed, then separate into 4 bowls. Add coloring of choice- stir in. Drop 1 tablespoon per color into cupcake pan. Use toothpick to swirl. 


Here's how they turned out. (These are the cupcakes for today... there will be more for the party Saturday.) 

I'll schedule a post for tomorrow that shows you the many light saber projects we've done including the bubble wands which I sneak peeked last week, and it will include a template to make your own light saber frozen ice pop sleeve. 



Comments

Popular Posts