DIY Watermelon Skirt Knock Off



It's officially summer and what better way to celebrate than with watermelon & a new skirt? I was inspired by this dress available on Modcloth. Fabrics are organic cottons from Cloud 9 Fabrics which I picked up at Joanns.


I crafted a small seed shape stamp from old materials laying (a wristband to an old Fitbit that no longer works actually!) around the house and mounted it to a large glue stick cap. Using black fabric paint I stamped hundreds of seeds onto the bubblegum cotton. This time, I followed the pattern for Rae's Cleo skirt adding 2 inches of length.

After making two of the Cleo skirts, I'm having second thoughts and trying to decide if the shape of this pattern is right for my body. As much as I love it, I feel like the gathering is adding some volume to my already wide hips. I'll be looking for a good a-line skirt to try out next and we'll see how that plays out. If you have a go-to must have skirt pattern please share it with me!?

Comments

Popular Posts