Job Description: TrashN2Tees is a fun creative business that focuses on changing the way we consume and create by offering funky and fresh products made using 100% reclaimed materials. My work has earned some amazing press & recognition on venues like Halogen TV, Lifestyle + Charity Magazine, Oh My! Handmade Goodness, Practically Green, Green Child Magazine, Build A Little Biz, Etsy, Handmadeology, Sustainablog, RikRak Studio, The Crafter Report, and a mention in Inc. Magazine. TrashN2Tees hosts live DIY events, a company blog that aims to encourage & inspire you to consume less + recycle more, active collar popping presence on various social media platforms, and currently developing the Create Change mobile app to change the world. You can find more at www.TrashN2Tees.com
This is an unpaid position that could lead to a paid gig, and a great opportunity to utilize your smarts in a dynamic company environment. Your resume will thank you!
I'd be more than happy to work with you and your university department to help you to receive course credit for your internship work with TrashN2Tees. Your pin-mark on the globe doesn't necessarily need to be close to mine- as long as you have reliable internet access.
Responsibilities of this position may include but are not limited to:
- Email, crafting pitches & contacting media
- Writing, editing, & posting press releases
- Managing social media accounts
- Branding & PR Strategy
- Graphic Design skills
- Coordinating virtual & live events
- Product marketing
Ideal candidates should be schooled in marketing or communications-related degree, or have graduated with a bachelor degree and is currently working on an MBA in marketing and passionate.
The interns I'm looking for can be characterized as being/having:
- Super personal & biz ethics
- Independent worker
- Marvelous communication skills
- Creative, innovative, and/or quirky
- Strategic & analytical thinker
- Ability to do research - both first-hand and collecting second-hand sources
- Ability to plan a project at a high level and then break it down into manageable steps for execution - and then execute!
- Use your genius to make difference in the world
like to attain and/or improve upon? How will this work experience help cultivate your genius & help launch you into the world?