Tips to biz-rock it, for the interviewee.
It's always a pleasure to be asked for a guest post or interview. I've done a few now but I can remember how completely intimidated & unworthy it felt the first time. It was a feature for the local newspaper I'm pretty sure I didn't even discuss accomplishments, goals, or do much more than tell a simple story about how TrashN2Tees got started.
The next time someone wants to share their web pad & interview you, here are a few tips for chi.
- Get familiar with the audience.
- Practice your elevator message- don't have one: get one.
- Know your shiz. If they ask a question & you don't have a response say so. (Most often the interviewer will discuss what questions are being asked before hand- or if you are conducting your interview via email you can craft up a witty response)
- Promote yourself, but don't exaggerate. People can't argue the facts. (thank you Alex for driving that into my skull)
- Share a meaty CBO. Challenge-Behavior-Outcome, a story or event that readers/listeners can connect with.
- Show enthusiasm and self confidence in your body language and tone of voice (even if they can't see you!)
- Be yourself!
Have some interviewee tips to share? Post a comment below! I'll be tweeting them from @TrashN2Tees.