Summer Boredom Busters for Boys
If I hear, "Mooooooooom! I'm bored!" one more stinking time... can you relate? I'm torn between wanting to drop everything I have going on for a few minutes of playtime or cuddles and running away to hide in a closet, rocking myself back and forth. If homeschooling the boys has taught me one thing... it would be always have a back up plan. That translates into a dozen or more 'keep my kids busy so I can sew this one last shirt' activities that are scattered around the house, in my studio, or used when we just need to get the heck out of the house! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite Boredom Busters for Boys-
2. Kidsbowlfree.com the website pretty much says it all- check it out and see if you have a local bowling alley participating in the summer program.
3. Make a time capsule and bury it in your yard.
5. Build a fort in your living room, bedroom, outside. Fort building can happen anywhere.
6. Pick Sticks Lego Creation, always popular. We have a can that include words/pictures of different nouns, the boys have to pick a stick and build whatever it is.
may already know that we spend time at the local bike parks- they're great for giving mom a heart attack and for the guys to get some time hanging with the boys.
8. Attend a Make & Take workshop for kids- check out your local Lowes, Home Depot, Michaels, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby Craft Stores for more info.
10. Set up an obstacle course.
12. Make homemade ice cream in a zip lock baggie - You'll love this recipe.
13. Have a dance party- it's crazy right? But I stop whatever I'm doing to host an impromptu dance off and I promise it makes any crazy stressful day 100x better.
Monster Truck Applique pattern (Over 5,000 Ways to Design & Customize your own monster truck!) but worry if you're not into sewing.. why not tie dye, fabric paint, or freezer stencil some style.
15. Make a museum. Ask the kids to curate a collection and take you on a tour. I've visited rock collection, Lightning McQueen curations, and it's always hilarious to hear the stories behind why they included an item or what it means.
We're halfway through summer vacation, what have you been doing to bust up the boredom? Share your ideas with me in the comments below!