DIY Mothers Day Gift: Repurposed Flower Vase
Mother's Day is just around the corner! The boys and I created these beautiful repurposed vases last Spring using Coffee Mate Creamer bottles. The craft is easy to do, so all of you dads out there take a hint! Tip: A perfect size plastic bottle/vase for kiddie handful flowers are these Danimal Yogurt Smoothies.
Using modge podge & strips of old magazines these plastic bottles were transformed. Be creative, use glitter or add photographs and letters for a personalized touch!
How its done:
- Gather your supplies: Magazine, Bottles, Mod Podge, Paint brush
- Cut paper into strips & squares. I let the boys practice using scissors and then they sorted the colors.
- Apply a medium layer of Mod Podge both to the back of the paper and to the top of the surface.
- Smooth the paper to the surface. Keep smoothing until you have removed the air bubbles.
- Allow the Mod Podge to dry for NO LESS than 15 - 20 minutes.
- Apply a top coat of Mod Podge to the entire surface and allow to dry.
- Apply a second coat of Mod Podge to the surface and allow to dry.