Upping the Applique Game: T-shirt Quilt


Popping in to share a quick peek at the fabulous job Mandy did quilting my Ida's Garden Quilt. (Mandy and her amazing work can be found at MandaleiQuilts.com)  This is a design I've been planning to turn into a quilt pattern. Mandy knew this and chose a few various techniques for long arm quilting on the knit fabric. I love the little doily detail!

Quilting with knits isn't something many folks have ventured in- and if you know me, you know that I'm ready to push past the cookie cutter square memory quilts we all know (and love.) Are you interested in learning to QUILT and/or sew with knits? I'd love to hear from you in the comments, what kind of questions do you have? Get a jump start by checking out my series on Modern T-shirt Quilting with Sew Mama Sew or pick up a copy of my book The Upcycled T-shirt.

Comments

  1. I seriously love this quilt! Did you applique the flower on before or after the quilting? What's your fav stabilizer for knit quilts?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts